A visit to Napa Valley isn’t just about tasting wine.
It’s also about trying our many restaurants, which range in their offerings from small plates and casual dining to gourmet creations and ultra-fine dining. In fact, there are so many wonderful eateries for you to try that are just around the corner from The Wine Country Inn & Cottages, you should consider mapping out the ones you’d like to visit just as you would the wineries! To get you started, here is our list of 10 of the Best Restaurants in St. Helena, CA.
For all our favorite things to do in St. Helena, including the best restaurants in St. Helena, CA, download our free St. Helena Travel Guide!
2. Auberge du Soleil – Named to Wine Enthusiast’s list of America’s 100 Best Wine Restaurants, Auberge du Soleil, is quite the dining experience. Don your fanciest attire for an evening at this upscale French restaurant that offers an exceptional view of Napa Valley from the bar, the dining room and the terrace. If you’d rather stay casual, Auberge du Soleil also serves lunch. 180 Rutherford Hill Road
3. Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen – Located in a historic building in St. Helena, Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen has found a way to seamlessly combine a sophisticated yet casual dining experience with a laid-back speakeasy, making this restaurant one where you’ll feel right at home. 1327 Railroad Ave.
4. Cook – If you love Italian food, this casual café is a favorite with our staff and our guests. This nearby eatery serves delicious small plates that focus on Northern Italian cuisine made with only the freshest local ingredients. Cook’s menu may appear simple, but rest assured the flavors are complex. The dishes served at Cook reflect the chef/owner’s approach that food doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious. 1310 Main St.
5. Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch – As the name suggests, Farmstead featured farm-to-table dishes that are prepared fresh in the restaurant’s open kitchen. Located on a 90-acre working farm and vineyard, the restaurant itself is in what used to be a nursery barn. The look and feel of the establishment only add to the restaurant’s mission to serve ingredient-driving farmhouse cooking. Enjoy Farmstead’s estate-grown wines, as well as organic produce, grass-fed beef and lamb, extra virgin olive oil, Cabernet Sauvignon red wine vinegar, grappa, honey, and more. 738 Main St.
6. Brasswood – If you are looking for an experience beyond great food Brasswood is the place to go. In addition to your meal you can enjoy great wine tastings right from Brasswood’s estate owned vineyards. Looking for lunch? Be sure to stop by the bakery for hand-made baked goods and fresh deli items straight from local Napa Valley farmers and vendors. 3111 St Helena Hwy
7. Meadowood – The Restaurant at Meadowood is another fine dining experience. This elegant establishment, that is perfectly suited for a special occasion, is billed as a Modern American restaurant that is built on establishing relationships with local farming community from which its food is based. Committed to raising the bar when it comes to every meal it serves, this Michelin 3-Star dining room offers both prix fixe and a la carte options with a particular attention to wine pairing. 900 Meadowood Lane
8. Pizzeria Tra Vigne – From the design of the building and the décor, to the food itself, a meal at Pizzeria Tra Vigne will transport you to another time and place. Prepare your taste buds for a trip to Italy as you enjoy brunch, lunch or dinner. House-made pasta takes center stage on this menu, but plenty other options abound, from salads to gourmet pizza cooked in a wood oven to inspired dishes featuring meat, fish and fowl. 1050 Charter Oak Ave.
9. Press – Meals at Press begin with ingredients grown in the restaurant’s two private gardens, supplemented with the freshest ingredients from local farmers, markets and neighboring purveyors. Guests describe the food as, fresh, colorful, inspiring and downright delicious. Enjoy seasonal produce, the finest selections of meat, seafood and poultry, all prepared on a custom-built wood-fired grill and rotisserie. 587 St. Helena Highway
10. Terra – This establishment is essentially two restaurants in one! Terra, a Michelin 1-Star restaurant in downtown St. Helena offers a fine dining side and a small plate bar for casual dining. 1345 Railroad Ave.
From small plates and casual dining to gourmet creations and fine dining, you can find something that will satisfy your craving at the delicious restaurants in St. Helena, CA. This small Napa Valley town packs a big punch when it comes to fantastic eateries – and wineries!
Photo Credit: NatashaBreen / Thinkstock